Why oh why did so much horribly designed and executed effluvia emerge from the decade of the 1970s? To look at many of the cars and styles of clothing that were considered the height of fashion, one wonders about the nation's mental status as a whole during that time. Case in point: the denim leisure suit. Half casual, half 'dressy', it was a mockery from the get go. Many were seduced by the siren call of the denim leisure suit, only to be haunted today by fears that any photographs that were taken at the time may be unleashed on the Internet, spoiling any chances of holding elected office. This is a fashion trend that mercifullly only held brief sway. Never to be heard from again. I hope.

I agree that this is not timeless. My Dad had one and even in my 7 year old, Holly Hobbie patchwork dress I knew it was so uncool. However, what is Timeless is the obvious love of Steve Austin for Jamie Summers. Just look at how he is trying to hold her hand. Seriously, timeless. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat about the polyester jackets and the plaid pants also!
ReplyDelete