An exploration of food, fashion, art, and design in which I ask you, what is timeless? This might take awhile, pull up a chair and let's discuss.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
1952 Packard Hood Ornament
What makes a hood ornament timeless? What makes anything timeless? I got to pondering this issue as I was thinking about how so much of our daily lives are filled with the throwaway, the transitory. For me, what's really frustrating is the constantly changing nature of technology and how we constantly are 'upgrading' our lives...or are we? I want to spend time exploring that which passes the test of time, whether it is a style of skirt, a cake, or bar of soap. I think I will spend a fair amount of time pontificating on what is NOT timeless. (AMC Pacer, anyone?). For me, Timeless hearkens back to simplicity, which is what I'm craving. I love this hood ornament, it is graceful yet strong with swooping lines, from a time when buying an elegant car with a SWAN (a swan!)on the hood was perfectly fine. It is gorgeous, this swan. Who designed it? I imagine the soft whistles of approval when it was unveiled. It is Timeless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment